Username:

Password:

Remember me?

Highline Kites - Discussion Forum: My First Purchase With Highline Kites - Highline Kites - Discussion Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My First Purchase With Highline Kites The Mobile Kite Shop Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mr Ed Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:09 AM

It was 5 years Back, when I met a Man by telephone. His name was Tom and what a Beginning to a association and Friendship that has slowly grown each year as I see him time to time. Little did I know that one day on my way home seeing this little shop on wheels etc would lead to such a Man.

Tom You hold one of the Biggest Like festivals in CA each year. You get companies to Build you "Custom" kites each year. You bring in some of the biggest names around. You have a compition run by the BASKL Crew. Food vendors and the huge Octopie group. Yet some How you do NOT go Crazy. YOU walk around in your suit and looking daper. For all to easily find.

Now for the Man who is always a Friend. One you can call and ask the "Dumbest" questions too. He always has a Laugh to brighten your worse moments. He has the answers you need. Or a Idea and Place for you to Turn to! A Helping hand or thought. Yet will somehow still tell you to go "Fly You Broken Kite!" That he knows is broken! With a Laugh that you just cant help and laugh along with and just feel better.

Thank Tom for being whom you are as I've gotten to know you.

ED

#2 User is offline   Tom McAlister Icon

• Highline Kites
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

View PostMr Ed, on 16 June 2010 - 06:09 AM, said:

It was 5 years Back, when I met a Man by telephone. His name was Tom and what a Beginning to a association and Friendship that has slowly grown each year as I see him time to time. Little did I know that one day on my way home seeing this little shop on wheels etc would lead to such a Man.

Tom You hold one of the Biggest Like festivals in CA each year. You get companies to Build you "Custom" kites each year. You bring in some of the biggest names around. You have a compition run by the BASKL Crew. Food vendors and the huge Octopie group. Yet some How you do NOT go Crazy. YOU walk around in your suit and looking daper. For all to easily find.

Now for the Man who is always a Friend. One you can call and ask the "Dumbest" questions too. He always has a Laugh to brighten your worse moments. He has the answers you need. Or a Idea and Place for you to Turn to! A Helping hand or thought. Yet will somehow still tell you to go "Fly You Broken Kite!" That he knows is broken! With a Laugh that you just cant help and laugh along with and just feel better.

Thank Tom for being whom you are as I've gotten to know you.

ED

Thanks for the kind words Ed.

I always enjoy our phone calls and wish you the best of luck at this years Nationals in Seaside Oregon. Though I don't always make it to AKA's Nationals, I don't want to miss another Seaside.

Berkeley is coming fast, and though I never thought I could pull off "dapper" during our BKF. I tried to jacket just for fun last year and I guess I have to stick with the jacket now! The problem is, it makes it way to easy for folks to fine me!

Thanks again for all your support and for understanding the many months of work that go into each kite festival.

See you in four weeks,

Tom

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users