Username:

Password:

Remember me?

Highline Kites - Discussion Forum: New Plutz 2 Gliding Kite - Highline Kites - Discussion Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Plutz 2 Gliding Kite An Amazing New Kite Design. Look for it in our store soon! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Tom McAlister Icon

• Highline Kites
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

You have got to check out this amazing new Plutz 2 low-wind/indoor gliding kite from Malaysian kite designer Leong Ceewan. A canard style gliding kite, you really have to see the kite in action to believe it. In 26 years in kitting we have never seen anything like it!

The video above was shot by Chun Ti (Darril) who was visiting Berkeley from Singapore and brought the Plutz 2 to show us. Many thanks to you Darril for turning us on to this new kite and for shooting the excellent video which really showcases the grace and ease with which this amazing kite flies. At the end of the video you can hear Berkeley Kite Wrangler John Khan complaining that Darril hadn't brought enough for everyone!

It has been a real pleasure getting to know Leong via many emails. (Sorry to bother you so much but I can't tell you how much everyone here is enjoying your kite). Our first shipment from Malaysia, was sold out before it even got here and we hope to get another shipment soon.

Based on the Platz Glider from early aviation history, Leong has been perfecting his Plutz designs for over the last 4 years. After finally arriving at what Leong calls the Plutz 2, it became an instant hit in hit in Southeast Asia. Made of 0.75oz Ripstop Nylon (or lighter Icarex Polly, for premium models) and 3mm carbon tubes this little beauty flies in low and no-wind conditions like no other kite I have ever seen. It is fully adjustable with adjustments to the bow, the bridle and the top wings, making it easy to tune for your personal style of flight. Though earlier versions requited an adjustable weight, the new design needs no added wight system.

Wile we have long enjoyed playing with the way Barrage style box kites and kites like Mark Rickkets Tetrafoil Glider, and Bill Biggie's air plane kites can fly as gliders when tossed with the tail (or small end first) across a room, the Plutz 2 takes this gliding ability into a new dimension. A true Canard style aircraft, the smaller wings of the Plutz-2 face forward in tethered and gliding flight.

The Plutz 2 is very easy to fly and anyone with a bit of single or multi-line low wind experience will have no trouble making the Plutz 2 fly like a dream. Of the dozen or so Berkeley fliers who have flown it so far, everyone has been amazed a how easy and fun this kite it is to fly.

I have been flying a solid black Icarex model for the last two weeks and just can't get enough of this special category defying kite. If you enjoy low-wind flying, you are going to have a blast with the Plutz-2.

Cheers,

Tom McAlister

#2 User is offline   Tom McAlister Icon

• Highline Kites
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

The newest version of Leong Ceewan's Plutz Kites, the Plutz 3 is in our store now: http://www.highlinek...iding-Kite.html

In 27 years in kitting we have never seen anything like Ceewan's Plutz designs. So much fun and so easy to fly it is hard to believe. Ceewan's Plutz design is an inflection point in the evolution of low wind gliding kites. 10 or 20 years from now we will look back and say "remember the Plutz? That was a kite that redefined what we thought a kite could be!"

I simply can't give any kite higher praise than that. :-)

The store listing also has some historical photos which illustrate the amazing history assoicated with Ceewan's amazing Kites: http://www.highlinek...iding-Kite.html

Tom McAlister
Highline Kites

#3 User is offline   Wheeler28 Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

Hahah, My laptop crashed when I was browsing www.berkeleykites.com last time I was here. And for the past 2 months I have been looking for this wephorum, so thankful I located it once again! :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users